Israel kills Palestinian, arrests 20 others
Israeli soldiers shot dead early Wednesday a Palestinian fighter in an exchange of fire in the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinian sources said. Israeli forces entered the Askar refugee camp under cover of darkness early Wednesday in an arrest operation, witnesses said. In an exchange of fire, the activist of the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade was killed, said the group, according to the AP.
An Israeli army spokesman said that Palestinians threw two grenades and shot at the troops making arrests. In return fire, the troops identified hitting one of the gunmen, the army said.
Four Palestinians were arrested in the Nablus raid and a total of 20 men were arrested overnight in all of the West Bank, the Israeli army said.
- Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank, some 20 arrested
- West Bank: Palestinian activist shot dead by Israeli fire
- Palestinian shot dead near Nablus; Israeli unit nabs Tanzim activist
- Israeli forces leave Jenin; Two Palestinian boys killed in West Bank
- Following Tel Aviv bombing: Israel kills four Palestinians in Nablus