Israel kills Palestinian policeman in Rafah as PA forces make arrests in connection to attack on Americans
A Palestinian policeman, Walid Abd al Wahab, 30, was killed Thursday during a gunfire exchange with Israeli forces in in Al Barazil neighborhood of Rafah near the border with Egypt, according to Palestinian officials. Another six Palestinians were injured, including four under 18, hospital sources said.
Earlier, it was reported that Israeli soldiers took up positions on the rooftops of the overlooking houses in Al Barzil neighborhood.
Meanwhile, Palestinian police arrested five members of the
Popular Resistance Committees early Thursday in connection with Wednesday's bombing attack in the Gaza Strip that killed three Americans, Palestinian Authority security officials said.
PRC consists largely of former Palestinian security men.
The five activists were detained in the Jabalya refugee camp, near the site of the attack. One of the detainees was identified as Ahmed Saker, 25.
The PRC issued a statement Wednesday denying any connection to the blast, and said their struggle was oriented against the Israeli occupation.
In a related development, sources in the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine told Kuwait News Agency that three of its members have been also arrested by the Palestinian security authorities. Two of them, the sources added, work for the Palestinian intelligence while the third works for the interior ministry. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Killed in Israeli Attack on Rafah
- Egypt makes arrests in connection to Dahab attacks
- Palestinian Stabs Israeli Policeman, PA Arrests Fateh Activists in Connection withTulkarem Killing
- Hamas supporters, PA police clash in Rafah, 20 injured; Israel to “ease” curfews; ; Visit by Egyptian envoys delayed
- Gaza Strip: One Palestinian killed in blast; Activists resist PA arrests