Israel: No plans to attcak Syria
Israel has no intention to launch a military strike against Syria, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told a parliamentary committee on Wednesday. "We have no intention of attacking Syria," the Israeli prime minister was quoted as telling parliament's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee.
In his appearance Wednesday before the panel, Olmert noted Israeli intelligence experts suggest Syria has recently redeployed troops because Damascus thinks Israel will attack Syria, and not because Syria is preparing to attack Israel, the AP reported.
In recent months, Syria has voiced interest in renewing peace talks with Israel, but Olmert has rejected the idea.
- Olmert: Israel not planning war against Syria
- Report: Israel plans to attack targets inside Syria the next time Hizbullah strikes Israel
- Report: Israel plans to attack Hizbullah sites in Syria
- Israel backs Russian chemical weapons plan for Syria
- Report: Arab states tell Israel Syria is not planning attack