Israeli soldiers kill another Palestinian in West Bank within 24 hours
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian security force officer in the West Bank's Qalqiya Thursday, according to Reuters.
Palestinian Intelligence Officer Saleh Yassin, 27, was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers on his way home from work.
Israel has confirmed the killing, but said that Yassin had "fired at troops" when they came to arrest him at his home. The Jewish soldiers had planned to arrest Yassin on the grounds that the officer had "opened fire towards (Israeli) soldiers on numerous occasions in recent weeks."
Yassin's death represents the second Palestinian killing at the hands of Israeli soldiers within the past 24-hours. On Wednesday, Israeli soldiers killed Nafeh Al Saadi in Jenin on the grounds that he was a jihadist militant.
Israeli soldiers said they opened fire on Saadi after "coming under attack in a raid."
At least 19 Palestinians and 4 Israelis have been killed in the West Bank since peace talks resumed between the two parties in July.
- Six Palestinians, two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Five Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank
- Israeli soldiers kill 19-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
- Palestinian, Israeli Security Officer killed in Shooting Incident in West Bank
- Two Israeli soldiers shot dead in Hebron; Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip