Israeli soldiers kill another Palestinian in West Bank within 24 hours
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian security force officer in the West Bank's Qalqiya Thursday, according to Reuters.
Palestinian Intelligence Officer Saleh Yassin, 27, was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers on his way home from work.
Israel has confirmed the killing, but said that Yassin had "fired at troops" when they came to arrest him at his home. The Jewish soldiers had planned to arrest Yassin on the grounds that the officer had "opened fire towards (Israeli) soldiers on numerous occasions in recent weeks."
Yassin's death represents the second Palestinian killing at the hands of Israeli soldiers within the past 24-hours. On Wednesday, Israeli soldiers killed Nafeh Al Saadi in Jenin on the grounds that he was a jihadist militant.
Israeli soldiers said they opened fire on Saadi after "coming under attack in a raid."
At least 19 Palestinians and 4 Israelis have been killed in the West Bank since peace talks resumed between the two parties in July.
- In the past 24 hours: 6 Palestinians killed in Israeli raids
- Israeli killings in West Bank add another layer of trouble for peace talks
- Israeli fire kills 12 Palestinians in 24 hours
- Nativity Church siege to end ''within hours''; Four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Army Wounds 39 Palestinians in West Bank, Palestinians Respond by Killing Soldier, Settler