Israel recalls negotiators, continues air strikes after Hamas rockets hit Israel
According to Reuters, Israeli and Palestinian officials have been in Cairo discussing an extension to the current ceasefire. Egyptian officials are pushing both sides to agree on a permanent ceasefire to end the ongoing violence. More than 2,000 Palestinians and 67 Israelis have died.
- Two Palestinians die in Gaza despite ceasefire
- Palestinians, Israelis to resume peace talks in Cairo
- Gaza ceasefire ends without progress, Israel reports rocket fire
- Overnight Israeli air strikes kill three in Gaza, death toll hits 1,916
- Israeli forces deploy near Gaza border as five-day truce is set to end