Israeli forces fire tear gas at schools in East Jerusalem
Israeli forces fired tear gas canisters into four schools in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan on Thursday, witnesses said.
Dozens of school children suffered excessive tear gas inhalation after Israeli forces deployed in the Ras Al Amoud quarter of the neighborhood.
Clashes broke out after soldiers began harassing students and inspecting the ID cards of local residents.
Several schoolboys and girls required treatment after inhaling tear gas.
- Clashes erupt between Palestinians and Israeli forces in East Jerusalem
- Israeli forces fire tear gas into Palestinian girls’ school
- Israeli forces attack al-Quds University, injuring 40
- Israeli police trample on Aqsa grounds and boy's head, while eyes on East Bank-Jordan's protests
- Israeli forces 'deliberately' fire tear gas at Hebron schools