Israeli forces fire tear gas at schools in East Jerusalem
Israeli forces fired tear gas canisters into four schools in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan on Thursday, witnesses said.
Dozens of school children suffered excessive tear gas inhalation after Israeli forces deployed in the Ras Al Amoud quarter of the neighborhood.
Clashes broke out after soldiers began harassing students and inspecting the ID cards of local residents.
Several schoolboys and girls required treatment after inhaling tear gas.
- Clashes erupt as thousands mourn death of 3 Palestinians shot by Israeli forces
- Dozens of Palestinians injured in West Bank after clashes with Israeli army
- Israel demolishes more Palestinian homes
- Israeli forces use tear gas against protesters as Palestinians wait for fourth prisoner release
- Riots near al Aqsa after Israel bars entry