Israeli forces fire tear gas at schools in East Jerusalem
Israeli forces fired tear gas canisters into four schools in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan on Thursday, witnesses said.
Dozens of school children suffered excessive tear gas inhalation after Israeli forces deployed in the Ras Al Amoud quarter of the neighborhood.
Clashes broke out after soldiers began harassing students and inspecting the ID cards of local residents.
Several schoolboys and girls required treatment after inhaling tear gas.
- Clashes erupt as thousands mourn death of 3 Palestinians shot by Israeli forces
- Riots near al Aqsa after Israel bars entry
- West Bank: At least 20 wounded in clashes with Israeli forces
- Israeli gunfire but the truce holds tight as soldiers injure Gaza teen
- Clashes reported after settlers invade Palestinian village east Jerusalem