Israel charges 3 with kidnapping, murder of Palestinian teen
16-year-old Mohammad Abu Khdeir was burned alive. (AFP/File)
Israel has charged three Israelis with the brutal kidnapping and killing of a Palestinian teen, AP reports. Shin Bet security sources said the killing was motivated by the recent kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teens.
According to AP, the three Israelis appeared in court Monday and admitted to abducting 16-year-old Mohammad Abu Khdeir. The suspects reportedly kidnapped Khdeir from his home in Jerusalem and then burned him alive.
Three other Israelis are under investigation for their possible involvement in the murder and are currently under house arrest.
- Beaten Palestinian-American teen under house arrest pending trial
- Israel indicts three charged over Palestinian teen murder
- Three suspects in Palestinian teen murder to be released
- Israel destroys homes of Palestinians suspected of killing kidnapped teens
- Israel convicts planner of three teens' kidnapping