Israel raids Khan Younis refugee camp, two Palestinians killed
Israeli armor backed by helicopter gunships rolled into Khan Younis refugee camp in the Gaza Strip on Sunday, killing two Palestinians and wounding at least 12 others during clashes with Palestinian fighters and destroying four homes, witnesses said. Two Israeli soldiers wounded, Israel Radio reported.
The army mounted the incursion hours after discovering and safely detonating a large roadside bomb in the area.
Witnesses to the latest operation, which followed several days of relative calm during a winter storm, said dozens of armored vehicles, including tanks, pushed into Khan Younis refugee camp as helicopter gunships fired overhead.
The witnesses added the army used dynamite to destroy three houses and a bulldozer to demolish a fourth.
The Israelis knocked down an exterior wall around a hospital because gunmen were hiding there, witnesses said, according to AP. (Albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, some 20 houses destroyed in Israeli raids
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli soldiers, three Palestinian fighters killed during attack on occupation outpost
- Six Palestinians, including boy, shot dead by Israeli fire in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Three Palestinian fighters shot dead during attempt to attack settlement
- Five Palestinians, including boy, killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip