Israel Rejects Arafat's Request to Fly from Ramallah to Gaza
Israel has rejected a request by Palestinian President Yasser Arafat to fly from the West Bank city of Ramallah to the Gaza Strip in his personal plane, Israel Radio reported Tuesday, cited by Haaretz newspaper.
The government decided to "grounded" Arafat after Friday night's suicide bombing in which 20 Israelis were killed at a Tel Aviv nightclub.
Israeli official were quoted as saying that “Arafat will be confined to Ramallah until he begins battling the terror infrastructure in the areas under his control.”
Other measures taken by Israeli following the suicide bombing were a total closure on the Palestinian territories, closing the Gaza Airport and cutting fuel to Gaza – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinians Deny Arafat Flight Blocked by Israel
- Arafat downplays importance of Israeli pullbacks
- Palestinian Minister: Arafat is Safe and Sound, in High Spirits
- Arafat sends condolences to China President over death of Chinese in Jerusalem suicide bombing
- Israel Confirms Sharon’s Son Met Arafat in Ramallah