Israel Rejects Arafat's Request to Fly from Ramallah to Gaza
Israel has rejected a request by Palestinian President Yasser Arafat to fly from the West Bank city of Ramallah to the Gaza Strip in his personal plane, Israel Radio reported Tuesday, cited by Haaretz newspaper.
The government decided to "grounded" Arafat after Friday night's suicide bombing in which 20 Israelis were killed at a Tel Aviv nightclub.
Israeli official were quoted as saying that “Arafat will be confined to Ramallah until he begins battling the terror infrastructure in the areas under his control.”
Other measures taken by Israeli following the suicide bombing were a total closure on the Palestinian territories, closing the Gaza Airport and cutting fuel to Gaza – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Israel Banned Arafat from Flying to Damascus
- Palestinians Deny Arafat Flight Blocked by Israel
- Israel Threatens to Arrest Arafat on his Way to Bethlehem; Sharon Rejects Peres-Abu Ala Peace Plan
- Israeli Army Penetrates Palestinian Village, Arrests 11; DFLP, Syria Reject Arafat’s Call for Halt to Violence
- Abbas: Hamas trying to ‘destroy’ Palestinian unity