Israel reopens Nablus checkpoints after rock-throwing incident
Israeli soldiers examine a car at a checkpoint east of Nablus. (AFP/File)
Click here to add Amin Abu Waar as an alert
Disable alert for Amin Abu Waar,
Click here to add Beita as an alert
Disable alert for Beita,
Click here to add Huwwara as an alert
Disable alert for Huwwara,
Click here to add Israeli army as an alert
Disable alert for Israeli army,
Click here to add Nablus as an alert
Disable alert for Nablus,
Click here to add West Bank as an alert
Disable alert for West Bank
Israeli forces reopened several checkpoints and roads in the northern occupied West Bank district of Nablus after several hours of closure, Palestinian liaison officials said.
Locals told Ma’an that Israeli soldiers closed the entrance of the town of Beita and several roads between Beita and the village of Huwwara southeast of Nablus with dirt mounds, in addition to shutting down the Zaatara and Huwwara checkpoints on Wednesday evening.
Palestinian security sources told Ma’an that Israeli forces had closed the roads after claiming that an Israeli settler had been injured after rocks were thrown at his vehicle near the Beita junction.
An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an they were looking into the reports.
The head of the Nablus district military liaison, Amin Abu Waar, called upon Palestinians to immediately report any violations, assaults or closures to his office.
The Israeli army regularly closes off roads and checkpoints in the occupied West Bank, in what rights groups have denounced as collective punishment and infringement of Palestinian right to movement.
- Palestinian shot dead after allegedly stabbing soldier at Nablus checkpoint
- Israeli forces close major Nablus checkpoint for ‘security reasons’
- Palestinian suspect killed after alleged car ramming near Huwwara checkpoint
- Palestinian shot dead after alleged stabbing attempt on Israeli soldier
- Stabbing attack at Hebron checkpoint