Israel searches for possible infiltrators in occupied Golan Heights
Israeli forces were still conducting searches in the occupied Golan Heights on Thursday morning after receiving warnings of a possible infiltration across the Syrian border.
According to Haaretz, late Wednesday, the alarm on the electronic border fence was activated, near the Ramat Magshimim settlement in the southern part of the Golan Heights. An inspection of the tracks along the border revealed the footprints of two or three people.
Since late Wednesday night, Israeli forces have been combing the area in an effort to track down the infiltrators. The skies above the area were lit up by flares in the early hours of Thursday.
All the settlements in the southern Golan Heights were all placed on high alert. Last month, several armed men infiltrated the southern part of the Golan from Jordan and were killed by Israeli forces after a manhunt that lasted a few hours. (Albawaba.com)
- Cheney: No Meeting With Arafat Planned; Israel Kills Four Armed Infiltrators Near Jordanian Border
- Israel on high alert along Lebanese, Golan Heights border
- After deadly day: Syria blocks Palestinian protesters near Israeli border
- Report: Israel Apprehends Syrian Infiltrator
- Israel moves out forces from occupied Golan Heights as tension with Syria down