Israel Sends Tanks Back to Karni Crossing After Truce Pullout
The Israeli army returned their tanks to the flashpoint Karni crossing in the Gaza Strip on Friday after pulling them out only a day before under a cease-fire agreement reached between Israel and the Palestinians, according to eyewitness reports by an AFP correspondent.
Two tanks and several armored jeeps re-entered the crossing point between Israel and the Gaza Strip after clashes between Israeli soldiers and Palestinians.
Palestinians say the shaky accord to end five weeks of violence reached on Thursday hinges on Israel pulling out its military equipment from areas such as Karni and from the entrances of Palestinian-run cities -- KARNI CROSSING POINT (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Army Pulls back Tanks from Gaza Strip Flashpoint Following Deadly Clashes Friday
- Israeli Tanks Fire on Palestinian Security Building in Gaza, at Least Four Wounded
- Israel Tanks Withdraw from Karni Flashpoint in Gaza
- Israel Lifts Blockade on Biggest Freight Crossing with Gaza
- Israeli Troops Shoot Palestinian in the Back near Gaza-Israel Crossing