Israel Shells Palestinian Homes, Security Post in Gaza Strip
Shelling by Israeli troops in the Gaza Strip Sunday injured a number of policemen and damaged Palestinian homes in two different locations, Palestinian security sources said.
"Forty anti-tank missiles destroyed a Palestinian security post near the Jewish settlement of Netzarim (south of Gaza City), and hit Palestinian homes," said a statement from the Palestinian general security service.
"The shelling caused injuries among the police," it added, without giving the number.
Elsewhere, "Israeli occupation forces fired 12 shells which hit civilian homes in Rafah (on the border with Egypt), seriously damaging three of them" the statement said.
Four days of clashes between Palestinians and Israeli security forces have killed 36 people and injured about 1,000 -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Eight Palestinians Wounded in Explosion at Security Compound in Gaza
- Israeli Tanks Fire 20 Shells at Rafah in Gaza Strip
- Israel\'s Security Forces Demolish Four Palestinian Homes, Destroy Fields in Gaza
- Palestinian shot dead in Rafah as more houses destroyed
- Gaza Strip: One Palestinian killed in blast; Activists resist PA arrests