Israel to step up assassinations and arrests; Palestinian boy, girl shot dead
Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz ordered during the weekend the Israeli army and the Shin Bet to step up the assassinations and arrests of Palestinian activists, Israeli media reports said. This order came following Friday attack on the West Bank settlement of Otniel, which left four Israelis dead.
Meanwhile, Israeli soldiers killed an eight-year-old Palestinian boy Sunday in the West Bank town of Tulkarem during a stone-throwing clash, Palestinian officials said.
The boy, Abdel Karim Salameh, died when Israeli forces fired at a group of school students who were hurling stones at the soldiers, Palestinian security and hospital officials said. An 11-year-old boy was wounded, they said.
Elsewhere, Palestinian medical workers said Israeli soldiers in the Gaza Strip on Saturday shot dead a nine-year-Palestinian girl, Hanneen Abu Suleiman, as she played outside her home in the town of Khan Yunis.
Witnesses said there was no fighting going on, when troops suddenly opened fire from a nearby Jewish settlement. An 11-year-old girl was also injured in Khan Yunis town, Palestinian medics said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli aggressive raid on Ramallah: Four Palestinians, including boy, shot dead, Scores arrested
- Israel Issues ‘Most Wanted’ List while Stepping up Deadly Strikes
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Israel continues with arrests
- Swedish Student Shot Dead in School
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Islamic Jihad claims Wednesday bombing attack; Israel razes houses near Jerusalem, Ramallah