Israel warns Hizbullah
Israel on Sunday delivered a stern message to Hizbullah. During a tour on the Israeli-Lebanese border, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said: "I recommend Hizbullah to stay calm and not escalate the situation..." Last week, Israel has heightened an alert along its border with Lebanon based on intelligence reports that Hizbullah is planning a major attack, including the kidnappings of soldiers.
On his part, Israeli Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz warned during Sunday’s Cabinet meeting that the Hizbullah was planning a “show” attack. “It is clear that the Hizbullah is preparing a terrorist attack, but not necessarily the kidnap of a soldier or civilian, as has been said,” Halutz was quoted as saying by Ynetnews.
- Mofaz: Hizbullah preparing ''significant attack'' against Israel
- Mofaz warns Hizbullah not to attack Israel
- Israel warns Syria, Hizbullah
- Report: Hizbullah deploys Katyusha rockets along Israeli-Lebanese border
- Israeli soldier dies of wounds sustained during Hizbullah attack; Israel: Hizbullah plans further attacks