Israeli Army Arrests 14 Members of Hamas, Fateh Leader
The Israeli army arrested 14 suspected members of the Islamic movement Hamas overnight on the West Bank, a military spokesman told AFP.
The Palestinians suspected of carrying out anti-Israeli attacks were arrested Saturday night in the village of Asirah ash Shamilayah, near Nablus, in the northern West Bank, said the agency.
The village is in a sector where Israel remains in charge of security, the spokesman added.
In the meantime, The Jerusalem Post newspaper reported Sunday that Israeli security forces arrested Fateh leader Bilal Ozari in Salfit, in the northern West Bank.
Several Palestinians have been arrested by Israeli security forces since the outbreak of the Intifada. They are accused of incitement and plotting to carry out attacks on Israeli targets -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Arrests 10 Palestinians, Including Two Fateh Members, in West Bank
- Israeli Security Forces Arrest Eight Palestinians Reportedly from Fateh
- Israeli Security Forces Arrest Three Palestinians on Incitement Charges
- Israel Arrests Two Fateh Activists Near Nablus
- Israel Arrests Five Palestinians, Including Two PA Intelligence Officers