Israeli Army Kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip
Israelis shot dead a Palestinian in the Gaza Strip early Monday, a hospital source and witnesses said.
Abdel Hamid el Hurati, 34, a nurse, died during an exchange of fire between Israeli soldiers and Palestinians near the Jewish settlement of Netzarim, south of Gaza City. He was pronounced dead at Gaza's Shifa hospital.
Hurati's death brings to 371 the number of those killed since the start of the Palestinian Intifada (uprising) on September 28: 314 Palestinians, one German, 13 Israeli Arabs and 43 other Israelis.
On Sunday, a young Palestinian woman was shot dead Sunday while driving on a road leading to Jewish settlements by Nablus in the northern West Bank, a hospital source and witnesses said.
A bullet pierced Fatma Jalal Abu Jeish, 20, in the heart, a hospital source said.
A Palestinian witness said the young woman was killed by Israeli soldiers as she drove on a road which bypasses Nablus for the village of Bayt Dajan.
The road was constructed specifically for Jewish settlers to avoid traveling through Palestinian-controlled areas.
An Israeli army spokesperson denied Israeli soldiers had killed the woman.
In an isolated incident Sunday, a 10-year-old was seriously injured when he was shot in the head after he threw stones at Israeli soldiers near Ramallah in the West Bank, witnesses said -- (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Youth Killed by Israeli Army Gunfire in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Report: Israeli army ordered to kill or capture 1,000 Palestinian activists before Gaza Strip pullout
- Israeli Army Denies Soldiers Beat Injured Palestinian to Death
- Three Palestinians killed as Israeli army redeploys in Northern Gaza Strip