Israeli Army Opens Fire on Protestors in Netzarim, Injures Palestinian
One Palestinian was injured when the Israeli army opened fire on demonstrators pelting soldiers with stones at the Netzarim junction flashpoint in the Gaza Strip, hospital officials said.
The shooting occurred after an announcement by the Israeli army that it had agreed with Palestinian security officials on a halt to the deadly violence that has rocked the Palestinian territories over the past week.
Around 30 Palestinian youths, some hiding out in a building wrecked by Israeli rocket attacks in recent days, hurled stones at soldiers protecting the nearby Jewish settlement of Netzarim.
The soldiers responded by opening fire twice, witnesses said.
Tensions were also high in Gaza City and in Khan Yunis to the south, where thousands of people joined the funerals of two victims of the week-long clashes, including a young boy killed in Netzarim -- NETZARIM, Gaza Strip (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 26 Palestinians Slightly Injured in West Bank, Gaza in Clashes with the Israeli Army
- Palestinians Retaliate Israeli Shelling by Attacking Netzarim with Mortar
- Palestinian Protestors Clash with Israeli Forces on Election Day
- Yemen soldiers open fire on Southern protestors
- At least 20 Palestinians Injured as Israeli Troops Fire on Protestors in Nablus