Israeli Border Guard Killed in West Bank
An Israeli border guard has died of his wounds after being injured Sunday by Palestinian fire at the site known as "Joseph's Tomb" in the northern West Bank town of Nablus, a military spokesman said.
The man was the first member of the Israeli security forces to die in four days of violence that has rocked the Palestinian territories.
He was named as Medhat Yusef, 19, an Israeli Arab from the northern village of Beit Jann -- JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Helicopters Open Fire at Palestinians in Nablus
- Israeli Member of Security Forces Critically Wounded from Palestinian Fire
- Clashes Erupt in West Bank despite Ceasefire Deal
- Palestinians Conditionally Accept Ceasefire, Sunday’s Death Toll Rises to 12
- Death Toll Rises to 49 in Palestinian-Israeli Clashes