Israeli convoy attacked in Gaza Strip; four soldiers wounded
Four Israeli soldiers were lightly injured Sunday morning when shots were fired at them on the Karni-Netzarim road in the Gaza Strip, causing their jeep to overturn.
Israel Radio reported that an explosive device had been activated near the convoy that the military jeep was accompanying, and that shots were simultaneously fired at the convoy.
The soldiers returned fire but their jeep overturned due to the impact of the explosion, the radio said.
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine claimed responsibility for the attack, the radio said.
In a separate incident Saturday night, a powerful explosive device was activated near an Israeli tank in the same area, the radio said.
The tank was lighty damaged, and no injuries were reported.
- Hamas claims Gaza Strip bombing attack; Four Israeli soldiers wounded
- Gaza Strip: One Israeli soldier killed, three wounded in Palestinian attacks
- Four Israeli soldiers injured in Gaza Strip attack
- Gaza Strip: Islamic Jihad man killed as 11 Israeli soldiers wounded in mortar attack
- Four Israelis Killed in Two Separate Suicide Attacks Near Jerusalem and In Gaza Strip