Israeli DM: Forces may withdraw from Hebron by end of the week
Israel's Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer said Tuesday that Israeli troops could pull out of another West Bank town of Hebron by the end of the week if the situation remains calm.
Ben-Eliezer said Israel and the Palestinians were holding "deep discussions" to work out an agreement for an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank town of Hebron.
"I hope that about the weekend this will happen, if the conditions are right," Ben-Eliezer told Army Radio. "If the situation permits us to leave Hebron, I will of course encourage this." (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli forces move into Jenin, two Israelis injured near Hebron; Bush, Sharon to meet next week in Washington
- Five Palestinians, including baby and women, killed by Israeli fire; U.S. demands Israel to withdraw from Hebron
- Israel Assassinates Second Hamas Leader, Withdraws Troops from Hebron
- Israeli Forces Enter Hebron, Kill Two Palestinians, Demolish Houses
- Palestinian killed as Israeli DM says troops may pullout from West Bank in ”days”