Israeli F-16 fighter crashes near Jenin
An Israeli F-16 fighter crashed on Monday afternoon north of the West Bank city of Jenin, Israeli media reports said.
The pilot ejected safely and was located by ground troops a short time later.
In a separate incident, an Israeli helicopter made an emergency landing south of the southern port city of Ashkelon. The helicopter landed close to the city's main industrial zone.
Israel Radio reported that both of the incidents were caused by technical faults, but did not rule out the possibilty that poor weather conditions contributed. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Troops Move into Jericho, Shell Beireh
- Qassam rockets land in Southern Israel as Israeli forces kill Palestinian fighter in Rafah
- Israeli F-16 Jet Crashes, Pilot Ejects
- Three Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip; Israeli raid on Jenin ends
- Three Israeli soldiers wounded in Jenin as more West Bank homes destroyed