Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy in Hebron
In the West Bank city of Hebron on Tuesday, Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian teenager playing with a toy rifle, witnesses said. The Israeli military said troops fired on Palestinians they thought were holding weapons, but found the toy rifle next to the body. A Palestinian hospital official confirmed a 15-year-old boy had been killed by occupation soldiers in the Loza district of Hebron.
In Gaza Strip, Hamas men have surrounded the stronghold of the group holding BBC journalist Alan Johnston. Johnston has been held hostage by the Army of Islam, which is led by the Doghmush clan, for nearly four months.
Earlier, a Palestinian civilian was killed in the area, a death Hamas blamed on Doghmush fighters. On Monday, Hamas arrested Abu Khatab al-Maqdisi, a spokesman for the Army of Islam.
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills two Hamas fighters
- Three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Palestinian shot dead in Rafah, Israeli troops kills second Hamas member near Hebron
- Gaza Strip: Hamas disarms clan behind abduction of BBC reported
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in Hebron, one in Gaza Strip