Israeli fire kills two Hamas activists
Israeli troops killed two Palestinian activists in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, the army and Palestinian doctors said. According to the AP, Hamas said the dead men were members of the movement's military arm.
The troops identified the two near the fence surrounding the Gaza Strip near the Karni crossing into Israel, the army said. The soldiers briefly entered the Gaza Strip, exchanged fire with them and killed them, the army said. Palestinian doctors confirmed that two men in Hamas uniforms had arrived dead at the hospital.
In a separate incident overnight Tuesday, an Israeli solider was lightly injured in clashes with Palestinians in the West Bank city of Nablus, Israel Radio reported. He was taking part in an arrest raid in the city, in which 13 Palestinians were arrested. During the raids, explosive devices were hurled towards the occupation troops and they were shot at, Israel Radio added.
- Gaza Strip: Senior Hamas figure, four other Palestinians dead; Blast kills Israeli soldier
- Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip - Israel border
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills four Palestinian activists
- Israel kills three Palestinians in Gaza Strip