Israeli fire wounds Egyptian policeman on border
The Israeli army said its troops "mistakenly" shot and injured an Egyptian policeman along the border between the two nations. According to the Israeli army, a routine patrol on Monday morning identified a suspicious, armed figure at the border. The Egyptian was seriously wounded.
It added that when the Israeli soldiers challenged the man, he cocked his weapon — prompting the soldiers to open fire. The Israeli side said the soldiers only realized it was an Egyptian policeman after the shooting. A joint Israeli-Egyptian team is investigating the shooting.
- Israeli Policeman Wounds Arab Israeli Woman, Seven Others Indicted for Beating Ramallah Lynch Suspects
- Report: Israeli Soldier, Border Policeman and a Civilian Injured in Clashes in West Bank
- Egyptian border policeman injured by Palestinian weapon smugglers
- Israeli soldiers fire at Egyptian border guard
- Five Israelis wounded in bus attack along the Egyptian border