Israeli Forces in Haifa on High Alert for Suicide Bombing
A state of high alert was declared Thursday in Haifa, north Israel, after police received “specific information” that a suicide attack was planned in the area, said Radio Israel.
The radio station said police were deployed heavily in the Haifa region and main junctions leading there from the north.
Heavy traffic jams were reported as a result of the preventive security measures.
On Sunday, at least 16 people were wounded in the city in when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a coffee shop downtown.
AFP's latest death tally for the Palestinian uprising against 34 years of Israeli military occupation comes out to 13 Arab Israelis, 547 Palestinians, and 146 Israelis, putting the ratio of casualties at around four Palestinians killed for every Israeli loss.
Israel’s wounded number in the high hundreds, according to army sources, while the Palestine Red Crescent Society puts the number of Palestinians injured at over 14,000.
Amnesty International reported early this year that almost 100 Palestinian children had been killed by Israeli soldiers, nearly all in situations where the occupation troops were under no immediate threat.
The latest Palestinian uprising against 34 years of Israeli military occupation began last September – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Police on High Alert over Suicide Bombing Tip
- Israeli police on high alert as army starts to implement new measures against bombers kin
- Hamas Bombing Attack Near Haifa Kills Eight Members of Israeli Security Forces
- Israel on high alert in fear of further bombing attacks
- Israeli security forces on high alert; Israel raids more West Bank villages