Israeli forces investigating 16 minors in relation to church arson
A priest walks past a graffiti reading in Hebrew "idols will be cast out" as he inspects the damage at the Church of the Multiplication at Tabgha, on the shores on the Sea of Galilee in northern Israel, on June 18, 2015, in the aftermath of a suspected arson attack. (AFP/Menahem Kahana)
A police spokesperson said Thursday afternoon that 16 minors were taken into investigation for potential involvement in Thursday morning's church arson on the shores of the Sea of Galilee in northern Israel.
A fire broke out at the Church of the Multiplication at Tabgha, on the Sea of Galilee, early Thursday in what police suspect was an arson attack.
Editor's note: This article has been edited from the source material
- Palestinian negotiator Taameri to consult with Arafat regarding Nativity Church deal; Palestinian women killed in Gaza
- 16 Injured by Israeli Gunfire in Palestinian Territories Friday
- Galilee church set ablaze in price-tag attack
- Fears Mount as Lebanon’s Debate on Syria Takes Serious Turn
- This Easter, Iraqi Christians mourn loss of historic monastery