Israeli forces kill Islamic Jihad leader near Hebron following overnight West Bank arrests
Israeli special forces in the West Bank village of Dura, south of Hebron, shot dead a top Hebron-area Islamic Jihad leader Tuesday, after he attempted to escape from a house that had been surrounded and fired upon by the occupation soldiers.
Israeli troops then continued to fire missiles at the house, located in the village of Dura, believing that another Palestinian fighter may have remained inside.
The slain fighter, identified as Majid Abu Dosh, was among
the Jihad leadership in the Hebron area.
The incident came just hours after occupation forces in the West Bank arrested nine members of Hamas and Fatah. One of those arrested in the overnight raids was a teenager from Nablus. (Albawaba.com)
- Islamic Jihad activist shot dead near Nablus
- Israel kills two Islamic Jihad members
- Three Palestinians killed in Gaza explosion; Palestinians arrested in West Bank
- Hamas claims killing of Israeli soldier in West Bank; Palestinian shot dead
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Israel razes homes of Islamic Jihad activists