Israeli forces kill Palestinian
Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian man near the Karni (Mintar) border crossing between Israel and the northern Gaza Strip on Saturday, Palestinian medical officials said. According to Reuters, an Israeli army spokeswoman said soldiers fired at three people as they approached the border area and identified hitting one.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Prime Minister, Ismail Haneyya, said in a press conference he held after the Friday prayers that any ceasefire on the part of the Palestinian factions should be reciprocated by the Israeli occupation.
According to PIC, he stressed that there was no equivalence, and the matters should not be portrayed as if there was a Palestinian army armed with the most advanced rockets as was the aggressor, adding that if the Israeli occupation was to stop its aggression against the Palestinian people in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip then Palestinian factions will be prepared to observe a ceasefire.
Regarding the talks on the formation of a national unity government, Haneyya said that Hamas' insistence on some ministries is based on the principles which were agreed before.
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills two Hamas fighters
- Israel kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip, detains six in West Bank
- Israeli gunfire but the truce holds tight as soldiers injure Gaza teen
- Palestinian security forces thwart attack on Gaza Strip crossing; Israeli fire kills Palestinian man