Israeli Foreign Minister will not Travel to Paris
Acting Israeli Foreign Minister Shlomo Ben Ami will not travel to Paris on Wednesday to meet with French counterpart Hubert Vedrine, an Israeli official said Monday.
The French foreign ministry had earlier announced the meeting which it said would be followed by a press conference.
But the Israeli official said the announcement was premature because although Ben Ami had asked for a meeting, he had not confirmed that he would be able to attend Wednesday.
"The current situation in the Middle East does not allow Mr. Ben Ami to leave the country at this time," the official said – JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel’s Acting Foreign Minister to Visit Paris, London and Washington
- British Foreign Minister: Britain Pressuring Israel Over Arafat Travel to Beirut Summit
- French FM says Arafat still alive as Palestinian leaders travel to Paris
- Israel bans Columbian FM from traveling to West Bank
- Ben Ami Named Israeli Interim Foreign Minister