Israeli girl killed in shooting attack near West Bank city of Qalqiliya
A seven-year-old Israeli girl was killed and her sister and father were wounded in a shooting attack at around midnight Tuesday (2100GMT). The incident took place on a highway close to the West Bank border and to the Israeli town of Kfar Saba, which lies on the other side of the road from the Palestinian city of Qalqiliya.
The seven-year-old was critically wounded in the attack, but died later of her wounds. The three were in a car when they came under fire from the direction of Qalqilyah. The car then collided with a second vehicle, Israel Radio reported.
Police said they assumed the shooting came from the West Bank and they had sealed off the area and launched a hunt for the attackers.
Israeli official Zalman Shoval said the shooting showed that alongside peace efforts, "our own battle with the terrorists will have to continue." (Albawaba.com)
- One Israeli killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- Settler killed in West Bank shooting attack
- One Israeli soldier killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- Radical Israeli settlers attack seven-year-old girl
- Massive Israeli Attack Kills More Than 30 Palestinians Since Midnight; One Israeli Killed in West Bank