Israeli Helicopter Gunships Dispatched to Hebron
The Israeli Air Force dispatched helicopter gunships to Hebron Sunday morning in the wake of shooting at Jewish residents Saturday night, reported the Jerusalem Post newspaper, quoting Israeli radio.
The report added also that there had been an exchange of fire between Palestinians and Jewish settlers. No injuries were reported.
Palestinians and Israeli troops exchanged fire throughout the evening Saturday in Hebron, witnesses told AFP.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said that the troops had responded after Palestinians opened fire on an enclave where some 400 Jews live under the protection of the Israeli army.
The spokeswoman added that the Palestinian fire came from public buildings in the town, said AFP - (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Fire Exchange between Palestinians, Israeli Troops in Hebron
- Four Palestinians Injured by Israeli Troops in Latest Clash
- Report: Armed Palestinians Open Fire on Israeli Soldiers in West Bank, No Injuries
- Israeli Troops Enter PA Areas in Hebron, Arrest Palestinian
- Three Palestinians, Two Israeli Soldiers Wounded