Israeli Member of Security Forces Critically Wounded from Palestinian Fire
A member of Israel's security forces was critically wounded Monday when his jeep came under fire in the West Bank town of Beit Sahur east of Bethlehem, police said.
"The soldier or border policeman was critically injured and evacuated to hospital in Jerusalem," Raphi Yafe, spokeman for police in the West Bank, told AFP, adding that a heavy exchange of fire between Israelis and Palestinians was underway in the town.
Witnesses said Palestinians had fired on an Israeli checkpoint in the area.
Another Israeli border policeman died Sunday after being shot in the West Bank town of Nablus.
A total of 45 people, mostly Palestinians, have died in gun battles and clashes in the last four days - JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Italian Journalist Killed By Israeli Fire in Ramallah; Top Force-17 Officer Shot Dead; Israeli Officer Dies of Wounds
- Hamas Member Killed by Israeli Fire in Bethlehem Area
- West Bank: Fetus dies as mother critically injured by Israeli fire
- Palestinians Reject U.S. Criticism; Hamas Member Shot Dead, Settler Injured
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills woman, wounds at least three other civilians