Israeli newspaper: US may use force against Syria
Senior Pentagon officials claim it is possible the United States could use force against Syria, the Israeli Haaretz newspaper reported Friday. The military option was raised after intelligence reports that recent attacks against American forces in Iraq were carried out by
fighters based in Syria, the report added.
The intelligence indicated that hundreds of fighters trained in Syria had been deployed inside Iraq to attack U.S. soldiers.
The Israeli newspaper said Pentagon officials are particularly concerned by intelligence suggesting that some fighters were planning suicide bombings against U.S. forces in Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
- Israel DM: Syrian president is ''very strange leader''
- US commanders: Claims about illegal infiltration from Syria to Iraq - ''unfounded''
- Report: US considered military strikes against Syria
- Report: US sanctions on Syria extended due to smuggling of Iraq fighters
- Death toll of Baghdad bombings stands at 42, Pentagon fears of further resistance attacks