Israeli Parliament Members Call For Removal of Ahmed Tibi Following TV Interview
Israeli Parliament Members called Tuesday for the removal of Parliament Member Ahmed Tibi of the Arab Movement for Change party, from Israel’s Knesset after he was quoted as expressing support for the Palestinian fighters in Jenin.
Coalition and Likud whip Ze'ev Boim called the remark, televised on Al Jezeera, "political pollution," and said it proved that Tibi was working for Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat.
He called for ejecting Tibi from the Parliament, as did Shinui (Change) whip Eliezer Sandberg, who said Tibi's remarks made him an "integral part" of the “Palestinian terror network.”
In addition, the ultra-hawkish Parliament Member, Eliezer Cohen, suggested that Tibi "volunteer to become a suicide bomber," according to the Jerusalem Post. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel: Pro-settlement MPs heckle EU official in Knesset, stage mass walkout
- Ahmad Al-Tibi: I expect an Israeli Invasion of the Palestinian Authority Territories.
- Israeli parliament: Arab construction workers ordered to wear distinctive helmets
- Israeli parliament restricts member Ahmed Tibi's freedom of movement
- Barakeh: Labor Might Split over Premiership Elections