Israeli parliament speaker to visit Egypt
Israeli parliament speaker Avraham Burg is expected Sunday in Egypt for talks with presidential adviser Osama al-Baz, an Israeli embassy spokesperson said in Cairo.
Burg, a leading figure in the Labor party, is also due to meet with Egyptian parliamentary speaker Fathi Surur. Burg visit comes amidst a flurry of diplomatic activity with Cairo, exclusively involving the left-leaning Labor party, according to AFP.
Meanwhile, Israeli Defense Minister and Labor Party head Binyamin Ben Eliezer is scheduled to meet with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on Monday, while Israeli Minister of Transportation Ephraim Sneh met with Baz on Thursday in Cairo.
Sneh presented to Egyptian officials a Labor plan for a settlement of the conflict on the Middle East, Egypt's Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher said Saturday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt Not To Nominate Soon New Ambassador to Tel Aviv; Mubarak Receives Accreditation of Israeli Envoy
- Israeli Parliament Speaker Leads in Labor Vote Count
- Egyptian President to Meet Israeli Defense Minister on Wednesday
- Israeli Parliament Speaker Invited to Ramallah
- Israel, Palestinians to Agree on Palestinian State by Year's End