Israeli police arrest 13 protesters in Jerusalem
A member of the Palestinian security forces tries to stop a Palestinian protester from throwing stones towards Israeli security forces during a demonstration in the West Bank town of Hebron on September 29, 2015. (AFP/Hazem Bader)
Overnight Tuesday police in East Jerusalem arrested 13 people suspected of disturbing the peace and rioting. Among the suspects were eight adults and five minors.
Police said that since Rosh Hashana, more than two weeks ago, 174 people have been arrested in the capital for rioting - 105 adults and 69 minors. In addition 10 children under the age of 12, the minimum age for criminal responsibility, were apprehended by police who transferred their matters to the welfare services.
- Israeli police arrest 13 Palestinians including six teens outside Al Aqsa
- Israeli police arrest 14-year-old Palestinian girl
- Amnesty: Police often Beat Palestinians, Arab Israelis and Israeli Protestors after Arrest
- Israeli police arrests nine Palestinians in Jersualem
- Israeli police detain 57 Palestinians in overnight East Jerusalem raids