Israeli police kill second Arab citizen in less than 48 hours
An Israeli policeman shot and killed an Arab citizen Thursday near a junction in the south of the country. The policeman said he opened fire after the man refused to stop his vehicle for a routine security check.
The dead was identified as 23-year-old, father of three Mohammed Abu al-Jia'an from a nearby Bedouin village.
Dozens of Arab citizens protested at the junction following the incident, throwing stones at police officers and vehicles. One officer was lightly injured in the head by a stone.
The Arab member of Knesset (parliament), Taleb al-Sana (from the United Arab List) reacted to the killing by saying that "shooting at Arab citizens is becoming the norm. The police's finger is very quick on the trigger when it comes to Arab citizens," Haaretz reported.
On Tuesday, Israeli policemen shot and killed another Arab citizen outside of his town. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Abbas: Cracking down on Hamas, Islamic Jihad - not option; Israeli police kill Arab citizen
- Jerusalem shooting leaves two dead, fifteen injured - mostly Arabs
- Hamas activist shot dead in West Bank; Israeli police kill Palestinian in Jaffa
- Israeli Arab Killed in Clashes with Israeli Army in Northern Israel
- Fire Destroys Arab-Israeli MK’s Office; Probe Initiated