Israeli police, Palestinians clash in Jerusalem
At least 11 Palestinian worshippers and seven Israeli policemen were wounded Monday in the occupied Jerusalem, witnesses said. They told WAFA that Israeli police forces and soldiers clubbed worshippers and fired dozens of gas canisters against them as they tried to reach Al-Aqsa mosque.
They added that the Israeli soldiers prevented the Palestinian worshippers from reaching the mosque. The worshippers gathered in Sultan Suleiman street and protested against their prevention, then the soldiers beaten them up with clubs and rifle buts.
The worshippers tried to reach the mosque for praying and to prevent hundreds of Israeli extremists who threatened to storm it.
- Sharon says no restriction on number of Muslim worshippers in Al-Aqsa during Ramadan
- Israeli police, Muslims clash over al Aqsa Mosque works
- Israeli troops disperse Palestinian protest at al Aqsa Mosque
- Israel attacks in Gaza, prevents Palestinian worshippers from entering Jerusalem
- Two Palestinians shot and wounded in West Bank