Israeli Police Release PA Minister after Brief Investigation
Palestinian minister in charge of Jerusalem, Ziad Abu Ziad, was released Sunday after noon after a brief investigation by Israeli police for illegally entering occupied east Jerusalem, said Israel Radio.
Zyad was taken from his office in the occupied east Jerusalem, said AFP.
Police sources had told Haaretz that Abu Ziad, who is the most senior Palestinian official arrested so far by Israel, would be released after questioning and would be escorted to an area outside the boundaries of Jerusalem.
Sources in the office of Public Security Minister Uzi Landau said that Abu Ziad's arrest was not the result of a specific order issued by the minister, or by senior officials in his office.
The sources said Ziad's arrest was part of the general policy of arresting Palestinians in Israel without a permit – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Police Arrest PA Minister in Occupied East Jerusalem
- 96 Palestinians released after arrest in Jerusalem
- ICC to launch investigation into Palestinian plight after PA war crimes claims
- Ahmad Al-Tibi: I expect an Israeli Invasion of the Palestinian Authority Territories.
- Missiles Wound PA Police Chief as Second Israeli Assassination Attempt in 24 Hours Fails