Israeli Police Release PA Minister after Brief Investigation
Palestinian minister in charge of Jerusalem, Ziad Abu Ziad, was released Sunday after noon after a brief investigation by Israeli police for illegally entering occupied east Jerusalem, said Israel Radio.
Zyad was taken from his office in the occupied east Jerusalem, said AFP.
Police sources had told Haaretz that Abu Ziad, who is the most senior Palestinian official arrested so far by Israel, would be released after questioning and would be escorted to an area outside the boundaries of Jerusalem.
Sources in the office of Public Security Minister Uzi Landau said that Abu Ziad's arrest was not the result of a specific order issued by the minister, or by senior officials in his office.
The sources said Ziad's arrest was part of the general policy of arresting Palestinians in Israel without a permit – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Police Arrest PA Minister in Occupied East Jerusalem
- Israel demolishes houses in West Bank city, closes offices of Al Quds University President
- Israeli Police Release Muftis of Jerusalem, Ramallah After Questioning
- Israel detains Palestinian minister for several hours
- Israeli Security Guard Dies after East Jerusalem Shooting