Israeli forces step up presence in Jerusalem ahead of slain teen’s funeral
Israel police stepped up their presence in Jerusalem on Friday ahead of the funeral for Muhammad Abu Khdeir, the teenager found dead in the Jerusalem Forest Wednesday morning.
Extra officers have been placed at potential points of conflict, such as on roadways and at hitchhiking spots.
Violent riots that have been known to occur after Muslims' Friday prayers are expected particulary fueled due to the Khdeir's funeral who's murder has been attributed by many in the Arab community to Jews carrying out a revenge attack for the kidnapping and murders of three Israeli teens.
- Israeli defense forces injure 20 in clashes following burial of Palestinian teen
- At least 12 injured in Jerusalem clashes following teen death
- U.S. "profoundly troubled" over American-Palestinian teen beating by Israeli police
- Israeli police brutally beat a Palestinian-American teen in Jerusalem
- Beaten Palestinian-American teen under house arrest pending trial