Five Israelis arrested in West Bank settlement for attacking IDF soldiers and cars
Israeli police on Thursday arrested five further residents of the Yitzhar settlement in the West Bank for allegedly attacking IDF soldiers and vandalizing army vehicles, Ha’aretz reports.
Two settlers were also arrested earlier this week for similar offences, bringing the total number to eight, including a 16-year-old who was detained for throwing rocks at police cars, according to Ha’aretz.
Israel Police's Judea and Samaria division and the Border Police detained suspects a week after the country’s Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon warned that “domestic terrorism” against the IDF will not be tolerated.
- Palestinian attacks IDF soldiers with knife
- IDF, far-right settlers clash over razing of illegal houses in the West Bank
- Haaretz: Israeli Soldiers, Settlers Ordered to Take Measures against Attacks
- IDF soldier arrested for giving classified intelligence to settlers
- Haaretz: 8 Palestinians Arrested for Suspected Involvement in Attacks on Israeli Soldiers, Jewish Settlers