Graphic video shows Israeli sniper shooting and killing an injured civilian in Gaza
A video has emerged showing Israeli soldiers using sniper fire to kill a Palestinian civilian in the besieged Gaza Strip.
The video footage, released by the International Solidarity Movement, shows an injured Palestinian civilian being shot dead by Israeli soldiers’ sniper fire.
The incident occurred in Gaza’s Shujaiya neighborhood.
According to activists, the victim was trying to reach his family in the neighborhood when Israeli snipers shot him and then continued to fire as he was on the ground.
The activists also described seeing two ambulances which have been targeted and destroyed by Israeli forces.
Israeli tanks and warplanes continue to pound the besieged enclave with sources saying that over 100 Palestinians were killed on Monday alone.
The latest casualties bring the Palestinian death toll to nearly 600 from 15 days of Israeli attacks. Over 3,000 Palestinians have also been injured in the onslaught.
Medical workers are now raising alarm over a humanitarian crisis in Gaza where hospitals are running low on basic medical supplies.
The UN Security Council has expressed serious concern over the growing number of casualties in the Gaza Strip.
Gaza has been blockaded since June 2007. The blockade has caused a decline in the standards of living, unprecedented levels of unemployment, and unrelenting poverty.
- Chaine De L’Espoir and Dubai Cares joint medical mission call upon the EU to intercede on behalf of humanitarian organizations
- Israel launches retaliatory airstrike on Gaza Strip, three-year-old girl killed
- Gaza Strip: Two Palestinian civilians killed by Israeli fire
- Israeli snipers kill two Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Palestinian sniper injures Israeli soldier in Gaza Strip