Israeli soldiers kill four Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank
Three Fatah activists were killed on Sunday afternoon by an Israeli fire in the town of Beitunia, west of Ramallah. One Israeli police officers was lightly wounded when he was shot in the leg.
Earlier, Israeli soldiers killed one Palestinian and were chasing two others Sunday morning near the "Kissufim" road in the Gaza Strip not far from the border fence, according to Israel Radio.
The report said that the two Palestinians had likely barricaded themselves in a house just to the north of the road. Israeli forces were surrounding the Palestinian house but it was not clear if anyone else was living in the structure or if it was abandoned. Israeli forces closed the road while other troops continued to track down the two Palestinians.
Meanwhile, Fatah's Central Committee is expected to declare the nomination of Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) as its candidate in elections for Palestinian Authority chairman, due to take place on January 9.
However, various forces in Fatah are trying to present alternatives to Abbas. (Albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in Gaza Strip, arrest at least 16 in West Bank
- Israeli troops kill seven Palestinians; Three Israelis wounded in Palestinian attack near Tel Aviv
- Israeli soldier shot dead in West Bank, Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Gaza Strip