Israeli Tanks Fire 20 Shells at Rafah in Gaza Strip
The Israeli army on Friday fired at least 20 tank shells in the direction of the Gaza Strip town of Rafah, which is also the site of a Palestinian refugee camp, Palestinian witnesses said.
There were no injuries during the shelling, the witnesses said, but several houses were damaged in the town, which is close to the Egyptian border.
The Israeli navy also detained seven Palestinian fishermen on board a boat off the Gaza coast. The men were taken to Erez, the main crossing point between the Gaza Strip and Israeli-controlled territory, Palestinian security officials said -- RAFAH, Gaza Strip (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three Palestinians Injured as Israeli Tanks Shell Rafah Area in Gaza Strip
- Southern Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy, wounds 14 others
- Palestinian shot dead in Rafah as more houses destroyed
- Israel Shells Palestinian Homes, Security Post in Gaza Strip
- Israeli Troops Close Rafah Border Point