Israeli troops arrest 16 Palestinians
Israeli troops arrested a total of 16 Palestinians in a series of raids in the West Bank that ended early Saturday, an Israeli military source said. The raids took place in five villages north of the city of Ramallah, the military said.
Troops also entered the Balata refugee camp about 7:30 a.m. Saturday and began conducting house-to-house searches. The soldiers used tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a crowd of stone throwers, the Israeli military and Palestinian witnesses said. Five people were injured lightly and several others detained, witnesses said.
Soldiers also fired tear gas into a girl's school in the camp, located just outside the West Bank town of Nablus, witnesses said.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel kills two unarmed Palestinians in West Bank
- Two Palestinians killed, three wounded in West Bank
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian boy, arrest PA policeman
- Israeli troops kill Hamas activist, destroy home of another in Tulkarem
- Palestinian dies of wounds; Israel arrests Hamas operative in Ramallah, demolishes houses in Rafah