Israeli troops kill Palestinian in Gaza Strip; Annan says Israel violates international law
A member of the Palestinian security services on Friday was killed by Israeli soldiers in the northern Gaza Strip, Palestinian medical and security sources said.
Sayad Abu Safra, 35, was trying to prevent a mentally deranged individual from approaching the northern Jewish settlement of Dugit when the soldiers opened fire, the sources said.
Meanwhile, UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan criticized Israel for its continued construction of a West Bank barrier. Annan said the network of fences, walls, razor wire and trenches violates international law and "could damage the longer-term prospects for peace." (Albawaba.com)
- At Least 25 Palestinians Killed on Friday; PA National Security Commander in Southern Gaza Strip Shot Dead
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills four Palestinian activists
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian in Gaza Strip as two teens die from wounds
- Five Palestinians shot dead in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, Hebron