Israeli troops kill Palestinian in Gaza Strip; Annan says Israel violates international law
A member of the Palestinian security services on Friday was killed by Israeli soldiers in the northern Gaza Strip, Palestinian medical and security sources said.
Sayad Abu Safra, 35, was trying to prevent a mentally deranged individual from approaching the northern Jewish settlement of Dugit when the soldiers opened fire, the sources said.
Meanwhile, UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan criticized Israel for its continued construction of a West Bank barrier. Annan said the network of fences, walls, razor wire and trenches violates international law and "could damage the longer-term prospects for peace." (Albawaba.com)
- Seven Palestinians Injured During Saturday; Arafat Rejects “Buffer Zones” Plan; Annan Says World Must Help End Conflict
- International bodies say Israel violated humanitarian laws
- Palestinians fear war as Gaza commemorates assault anniversary
- UN to hold open session on Israel '\'security'\' fence construction
- Israel Says Qassam Rocket Attack From Nablus Failed, PA Denies Launch Report; Annan Expresses Dismay Over Gaza Bombing