Israeli troops kill Palestinian in West Bank, raid Gaza Strip
Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian fighter, who attacked a military unit conducting searches in the occupied West Bank on Sunday, the Israeli army and witnesses said.
Witnesses told Reuters the gunman, from al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, was shot in Balata, a refugee camp near the Palestinian-ruled city of Nablus. Two other members of al-Aqsa were injured.
Meanwhile, some 30 Israeli army tanks and armored vehicles rolled on Saturday night into eastern Beit Hanoun town in northern Gaza Strip, witnesses and security sources reported. The witnesses said that the Israeli army vehicles incurred on Friday night into northern Gaza Strip, and expanded its incursion on Saturday night.
The incursion was followed by intensive gunfire.
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- Israeli military raids northern Gaza Strip as 12 Palestinians nabbed in West Bank
- Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israel kills two Palestinians in Gaza Strip raid, arrests more than 20 in West Bank; Palestinian dies of wounds in Jenin