Israeli troops kill Palestinian, wound three others in Nablus
Israeli troops on Saturday re-invaded the Balata refugee camp of Nablus. One Palestinian was killed and three others were wounded, witnesses and medics said.
The three Palestinians wounded were hit in the legs by bullets, medics said.
An Israeli government spokesman said the Nablus sweep was made in response to intelligence alerts of imminent attacks. "These are routine anti-terrorist operations," said Avi Pazner of the Prime Minister's Office. "Israel will not allow Nablus to become the springboard of Palestinian terrorism against Israel."
Elsewhere, a Palestinian youngster was injured by Israeli fire during the invasion of Beit Furiq Village, east of Nablus, Palestinian medical sources said.
On Friday, Israeli forces have also demolished the two-storey house of Said Hananni, who carried out the Tel Aviv bombing attack on Thursday. Ten adjacent houses to the Hananni house were damaged due to the large amount of explosives planted inside it. The house is home of seven family member, Palestinian sources reported.
Two of the nearby houses were severely damaged, owned by two uncles of Hananni, when the huge explosion occurred. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian boy, arrest PA policeman
- West Bank: Two Palestinian children wounded as house destroyed
- Six Palestinians wounded in West Bank as eight houses demolished in Gaza Strip
- Two Palestinians shot dead in West Bank as Israeli troops damage two mosques in Nablus
- Israel kills four Palestinians in Gaza Strip; Houses destroyed in Nablus area