Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
A Palestinian farmer was shot and killed on Tuesday by Israeli fire. According to Palestinian hospital reports, 45-year old Mohammed Fara was farming at the time in his field in the town of Abbasam near the border with Israel.
Israeli military authorities denied involvement in the incident, according to AP.
In the West Bank, Israeli soldiers reportedly shot three Palestinians on Tuesday during a raid in the town of Nablus, killing one of them and injuring another critically. The three had apparently been throwing stones during the raid in the southern part of the town, according to Reuters. Israeli military sources reported that a bomb blast on Tuesday morning in Nablus injured two Israeli soldiers, according to Haaretz.
Also on Tuesday, Israeli troops arrested six members of the Islamic Jihad faction in an early morning raid in the West Bank.
Five of the men were apprehended in the village of Anabta, and another in the town of Salfit.
On Monday, artillery shells were reportedly fired by Israeli troops at the northern end of the Gaza Strip in response to a Qassam rocket fired at a southern Israeli town.
Residents of Gaza City reported hearing 15 explosions during the barrage.
Members of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, a wing of the Fatah movement, took responsibility for the attack.
The statement said that the Qassam attack was in response to the death of three Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade members last week in an Israeli aerial attack. Israel claimed that the three were involved in planning out attacks against Israeli citizens. Five Israelis were killed in a shopping mall on December 5.
© 2005 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 23 Palestinians detained by Israel since Tuesday as spate of clashes leaves several injured, two dead
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- Israel assassinates three Palestinian activists in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians arrested, Israeli DM calls for assassination attacks in Gaza Strip
- Israel assassinates two Palestinians in Gaza Strip